If you’re yearning for a fresh summer haircut, you’re among many who feel the same way. As the temperature rises, we seek hairstyles that are lightweight, effortless, and perfect for the season. Thankfully, the hairstyle ideas for summer cater to those needs, offering low-maintenance options that are even easy to style on your own.
However, choosing the right haircut that compliments your face shape and hair texture can be a daunting task. To help you with this decision, we’ve curated an inspiring collection of photos featuring the most popular summer haircuts you should consider trying!
1. Ideas to keep hairstyle last all day in summer
Keeping your hairstyle intact throughout a hot summer day can be a challenge, but with the right techniques and products, you can extend its longevity. Here are some hairstyle ideas to help your hairstyle last all day in the summer:
- Start with clean hair: Begin by washing your hair with a lightweight shampoo and conditioner to remove any excess oils or buildup. This will provide a clean canvas for your styling products.
- Use a heat protectant: If you plan on using hot tools like curling irons or straighteners, apply a heat protectant spray or serum to shield your hair from heat damage. This will also help your style hold better.
- Apply styling products: Use a combination of styling products that suit your hair type and desired style. For example, mousse or volumizing spray can add lift and hold to fine hair, while pomades or gels can provide control and definition for thicker hair.
- Blow-dry your hair: Use a blow dryer to dry your hair in the direction you want it to fall. For added volume, flip your hair upside down while drying. Finish with a blast of cool air to set the style.
- Use the right tools: Choose hair accessories that are designed to hold your style in place. For instance, use hair clips or bobby pins to secure updos or braids, or opt for snag-free hair ties for ponytails or buns.
- Opt for lightweight products: In the summer, heavy styling products can weigh down your hair and cause it to lose its shape. Choose lightweight formulas, such as mousses, texturizing sprays, or dry shampoos, which can provide hold without the heaviness.
- Consider a hairspray or setting spray: Lock your hairstyle in place with a light misting of hairspray or setting spray. Look for products that offer humidity resistance to combat frizz and help your style withstand the summer heat.
- Avoid touching your hair: Excessive touching or running your fingers through your hair can cause your style to lose its shape and become frizzy. Try to minimize contact with your hair throughout the day.
- Protect your hair from the sun: Prolonged sun exposure can damage your hair and cause color fading. Wear a hat or use UV protection sprays or serums to shield your hair from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Consider hairstyles that work well in heat: Opt for hairstyles that are more heat-friendly, such as loose braids, top knots, messy buns, or natural beachy waves. These styles are more forgiving and tend to hold up better in the summer heat.
2. How to choose the best hairstyle in summer for you?
2.1. Based on face shape
Choosing the right hairstyle for your face shape is essential in enhancing your features and achieving a flattering look. Here are some tips – hairstyle ideas to help you select the right hairstyle for your face shape during the summer.
Before choosing a hairstyle, you need to determine your face shape. The common face shapes are round, oval, square, heart, and diamond. You can do this by pulling your hair back and analyzing the shape of your face in the mirror.
- Round face shape: If you have a round face shape, opt for hairstyles that add length and create the illusion of angles. Try haircuts with layers and volume on top to elongate your face. Avoid styles that emphasize the roundness, such as chin-length bobs.
- Oval face shape: Lucky you! Oval face shapes are versatile and can pull off various hairstyles. Experiment with different lengths and textures, including long waves, sleek bobs, or pixie cuts. Consider your hair texture and personal style preferences to find the perfect summer look.
- Square face shape: Soften the angles of a square face shape with hairstyles that add length and create curves. Consider shoulder-length cuts with layers or side-swept bangs to balance your features. Avoid blunt cuts or straight-across bangs that can emphasize the squareness.
- Heart face shape: Heart-shaped faces typically have a wider forehead and a narrower chin. Opt for hairstyles that add width to the lower half of your face. Chin-length bobs, layered pixie cuts, and side-swept bangs are great options to create balance. Avoid heavy or full bangs, as they can make your forehead appear wider.
- Diamond face shape: Diamond-shaped faces have a narrow hairline and a pointed chin. Choose hairstyles that create fullness at the temples and jawline. Side-swept bangs and layered styles work well to balance the face. Avoid excessive volume on top or styles that accentuate the narrowness of your forehead.
In the summer, it’s important to consider the heat and humidity when choosing a hairstyle. Opt for lighter, low-maintenance styles that won’t weigh you down or require excessive styling. Pixie cuts, short bobs, or updos can be great choices to keep you cool and stylish.
2.2. Based on summer hairstyle trends
Choosing the best haircut based on trends in summer involves considering current hairstyle trends and finding one that suits your personal style and preferences. Here are some steps to help you choose the best summer haircut based on trends:
- Research summer haircut trends: Stay updated with the latest haircut trends for summer by exploring fashion magazines, websites, social media platforms, and celebrity hairstyles. Look for popular cuts that catch your eye and align with your personal style.
- Consider your face shape and hair type: While trends can provide inspiration, it’s essential to consider your face shape and hair type when choosing a haircut. Certain cuts may complement specific face shapes or work better with certain hair textures. Consult with a hairstylist to determine which trends will suit you best.
- Evaluate your lifestyle and maintenance preferences: Consider your lifestyle and how much time and effort you’re willing to invest in maintaining your haircut. Some cuts may require more styling or frequent salon visits to keep them looking their best. Choose a haircut that aligns with your lifestyle and maintenance preferences.
- Consult with a professional hairstylist: It’s always a good idea to consult with a professional hairstylist who can assess your hair type, face shape, and personal style. They can provide expert advice and recommendations based on current trends and help you find a haircut that flatters your features.
- Adapt the trend to suit you: While it’s great to follow trends, it’s important to adapt them to suit your individuality. Consider how a trend can be modified or customized to match your unique style and preferences. Discuss your ideas and inspirations with your hairstylist to create a personalized version of the trend.
- Experiment with different lengths and styles: If you’re open to trying something new, consider experimenting with different lengths and styles. Short pixie cuts, bob haircuts, layered cuts, or shaggy hairstyles are often popular during the summer. Discuss these options with your hairstylist to determine which one suits you best.
3. 10 hairstyle ideas for summer 2023
Certainly! Here are 10 popular and stylish summer haircuts for women in 2023:
- Pixie Cut: A short and chic haircut that keeps you cool and adds a touch of sophistication to your summer look.
- Bob with Bangs: The classic bob paired with bangs creates a trendy and youthful hairstyle that’s perfect for the summer season.
- Shaggy Lob: A longer version of the shag cut, the shaggy lob combines effortless waves and layers for a relaxed and stylish summer vibe.
- Blunt Bob: A sleek and straight bob haircut with blunt ends creates a polished and modern look that works well in the summer.
- Wavy Bob: Embrace natural texture with a wavy bob that exudes a beachy and carefree feel, perfect for the summer months.
- Long Layers: If you prefer to keep your length, opt for long layers that add movement and volume to your hair while keeping it lightweight.
- Textured Pixie: Add texture and dimension to your pixie cut with choppy layers and a tousled finish, giving you an edgy and effortless summer style.
- Curly Shag: For those with curly hair, a shag cut with layers enhances your natural texture and creates a playful and fashionable summer hairstyle.
- Asymmetrical Bob: A modern twist on the classic bob, an asymmetrical cut adds asymmetry and interest to your look, making it a trendy choice for the summer.
- Braided Updo: For a stylish and practical summer haircut, consider a braided updo. It keeps your hair off your neck and can be customized with various braid styles to suit your taste.
Remember, it’s always a good idea to consult with a professional hairstylist who can assess your hair type, face shape, and personal preferences to help you choose the best summer haircut that suits you perfectly.