In modern society, wigs have become more and more popular. They are not only used by men to cover their baldhead but also used by millions of women who are seeking beauty and a change of style. As the industry emerges, different types of hair wigs have come to the world. One of them is human hair wigs.
In order to give you an overview of the most favourite one, we are here to give you everything you need to know about human hair wigs.
So what is a human hair wig? Human hair wigs are wigs that are made out of human hair (virgin hair or remy hair) so that they look and feel real too. Unlike synthetic hair wigs, human hair wigs are 100% unprocessed human hair so there are a lot to do with it such as styling, curling, dyeing or bleaching. Also, human hair wigs last longer than other types of synthetic hair wigs.
What’s in a wig?
If you are looking for an easy and effective way to refresh your hairstyle, make it more natural, beautiful and maybe more trendy with the color you have never tried before, a wig is the answer. So what should you expect when getting a wig?
There are different kinds of wigs, you will see the classification in this article. Each type of wigs may differ but they all have something in common. An ordinary wig will be the combination of: Human hair, a lace or silk base and a wig cap. You may also have to use glue to attach part of the wig on your own scalp. The best point of using a wig is that your real hair will be braided and kept untouched under the wig so there will be no damage to the hair.
Let’s dive into the four most common types of wigs.
1. Lace frontal wigs
Lace frontal wigs are wigs that are made from a lace frontal and several bundles of weave. Human hair weaves will be sewn into a lace cap with a lace frontal in the top to make the forehead hairline look natural and the scalp look real as if hair is growing from it. Since a lace frontal can cover from ear to ear, it is easier to style your hair with lace frontal wigs than lace closure wigs.
2. Lace closure wigs
Lace closure wigs are in fact similar to lace frontal wigs. Instead of a frontal at the top, there will be a lace closure sewn into the lace cap. This way, the sew-in lines can be covered and the hairline looks real but since a lace closure is just 2 – 8 inches wide, some lines can be seen in the process of styling your hair. That’s why you can not have a ponytail while wearing a lace closure wig. However, for those who only want a quick, easy and natural hairstyle, a lace closure wig can be a great choice.
3. Full lace wigs
Full lace wigs are different to the two types listed above. In a full lace wig, human hair is hand-crocheted directly onto a pre-formed lace. Therefore, it creates the most natural and realistic feeling of hair actually growing out from the scalp. Full lace wigs provide the best versatility of styling, especially with a high quality human hair wig, you can style it whatever you may want especially a ponytail or a bun style. Besides, as hair is knotted onto a full piece of lace, there will be more space for your real scalp and hair to “breathe”. You can wear full lace wigs all day long without any discomfort.
4. Silk top lace wigs
This is a higher level of full lace wigs. The wig is covered by hair that is hand-crocheted onto a lace cap just like a full lace wig but there’s more. On the top, a piece of silk is added above the lace base so that knots are hidden between the layers. The silk base is similar in color to the real scalp so that the knots become more invisible and the scalp looks more natural even when you part your hair. In fact, this silk base looks like a closure alone but as it is added directly onto the lace cap, it is more comfortable and convenient.
III, Using human hair wigs: Do and Don’t
- Choose a wig that is made from real human hair. Virgin human hair is the best quality but you can use one with remy hair if the price is your concern.
- Choose a wig that is suitable with your style, hair color, and the lace color matches your skin tone. Wigs have various sizes and there are straps to adjust but you can always order a customized wig with the exact size of your head. Make sure to contact our sales assistance beforehand to gather all the information you need.
- If you wear a three-part wig that includes frontal/closure, lace cap and weaves, make sure you attach them with erasable glue and put it on your head correctly and the hairline looks natural.
- Keep your wig upright on a wig stand to keep its shape after using
- Take proper care of your wig with special hair care products. If you are not sure of how to maintain them, take it to a professional hair stylist
- Don’t be tempted by cheap wigs. When it comes to quality, durability, comfort and beauty, pricey wigs are always better. This is true with human hair wigs. They cost you much more but the outcome is amazing. You’ll never regret buying it.
- Don’t wear a wig or braid your hair too tightly, give your hair and scalp some room to breathe.
There is no doubt a suitable wig can complete your look and make your hair as natural and beautiful as ever. But there’s so much effort in every beauty. Here at Anka Hair, we can share the burden and help you with choosing a perfect type of wig that is made from premium human hair, high definition lace that can blend perfectly to your skin, providing you with all you need to have the natural hair of your dream. Click HERE to find out which product is your best choice!